Online Novel Revision Workshop
Don’t let the first draft of your novel languish in a drawer! We’ll begin by looking closely at the first chapter of your novel, and will move on to discussing issues of characterization, plot, structure, setting, and theme. Workshop materials can be accessed and printed at any time during the course dates.
- A weekly lecture on a specific aspect of revision. Print it out, study it, and come to the forum with questions and comments.
- Weekly revision assignments to keep you motivated and help you practice the techniques you’ve learned in the lectures
- Weekly live chat
- Open discussion forum
- Feedback on your work from the instructor and your peers to help you identify your novel’s strengths, identify problem areas, and take your book to the next level
Great classroom features you'll only find online
- The classroom is always open: log in to access course materials any time of day or night.
- Weekly forums allow you to comment, ask questions, and participate in lively discussions.
- All of the course materials are available for the duration of the class, so if you go on vacation, come down with the flu, or get completely overwhelmed at work, you don’t have to miss a thing.
- And, best of all, you don’t have to leave the house (or find matching socks, or locate your car keys.)